Who knew bananas would work as such a super base for a healthy ice-cream treat. No trekking to the shops – this is made with food you probably have at home and its ready in minutes.
Peel, slice and pop the bananas in the freezer.
They make the perfect base for ice-cream, don’t have an overpowering taste and makes creamy, rich ice cream thanks to its high pectin content.
Also for all you Mom’s & Dad’s who are doing a great job with allergies this recipe can be vegan, gluten-free, dairy-allergic, and has no-added-sugar diet.
What You'll Need
- 2 bananas frozen
- 250g frozen strawberries
- Optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla – lovely if you have it !
- Optional: 100g yogurt ( any yogurt is fine – plain, vanilla, greek, soya, goats, strawberry etc etc )
- Optional: 50mls cream / coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pink Candy Melts
- Freeze dried Strawberries
- Chopping board
- Freezer bag & Freezer
- Small food processor
- spatula / spoon to scoop out
- Ice lolly moulds
- Microwave & bowl
How to Do It
Just Blitz & Enjoy!
- 1Peel, chop and freeze the banana in a freezer bag for at least 2 hours
- 2Blitz all the ingredients in the food processor until smooth. DONE
- 3Pour into ice lolly moulds and set for 1 - 2 hours in the freezer. When frozen - melt the candy melts in microwave as per instructions. Dip the ice lolly in and sprinkle on some freeze-dried raspberries.
- 4For soft serve - just scoop out of food processor and enjoy. For a scoop able ice-cream pop back in the freezer bag in freezer for about an hour or two.