With Autumn fully upon us, the evenings getting darker and days chilly this pizza pasta bake is the ultimate in comfort food.
It is nourishing and wholesome and packed with warm pasta, gooey cheese and all the delicious smells of Italian herbs.
You have our Foodooppi promise all of the family will love this dinner.
What You'll Need
300g pasta (150g wholegrain, 150g white)
350g piccolo cherry tomatoes
75g pepperoni / chorizo
1/2 red onion
2 cloves garlic
1 chicken stock cube
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp dried pizza herbs ( mix of any basil, oregano, parsley )
Optional : 1/2 steamed and mashed butternut squash ( 200g )
1 ball fresh buffalo mozzarella
Basil pesto & Parmesan to serve up.
Oven Proof dishes
Strainer / colander / sieve
How to Do It
- 1Boil the pasta according to instructions - normally 7-8 mins.
Steam or boil the butternut squash.
- 2In the food processor blitz up the tomatoes, pepperoni, cheddar, onion, garlic.
- 3Drain and cool the pasta.
- 4When it turns into a crumb like mixture, add in tomato puree, stock cube & herbs. Blitz again for 1 minute. ) Add in the butternut squash here.
- 5Whizz in the cream.
- 6Toss the pasta and pizza sauce mix together. Coat all the pasta well.
- 7Sprinkle some pepperoni on top.
- 8Tear the fresh buffalo mozzarella and spread over the top.
- 9Bake in individual ramekin dishes at 180oC for 25mins.
- 10Serve up, grate over some fresh parmesan, drizzle with basil pesto and enjoy.