[intro]Looking for a fab recipe for Cinco de Mayo – well Foodoppi’s got you covered. Try our amazing AVOCADO & MANGO ICE CREAM. So trendy, so healthy, so easy & so so delicious![/intro]
[recipeinfo]Prep time – 10m | Freeze time – 4-6 hours| Brain Freeze time – 2.2mins | Feeds– 6[/recipeinfo]
[xtab box_title=”This is how we make it…” text_color=”” bg_color=”#fff”][xtab_item title=”Shopping List”]
300g Avocado – very ripe
350g Mango – very ripe
40ml Lime Juice
120ml Single Cream
240ml Full Fat Milk
100g Caster Sugar
[/xtab_item][xtab_item title=”Let’s Make!”]
- Put the sugar and water into a saucepan, bring to the boil & simmer for 5 mins and allow to cool.
- Peel and take out the stones from the mango and avocado and roughly chop & put into processor.
- Add the lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve into a bowl.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a shallow container and put into the freezer.
- After an hour, the mixture will have started to freeze around the edges. Remove mixture from the freezer and beat.
- Return to the freezer and repeat the above twice more.
- When you want to serve the ice cream, remove it from the freezer about 5-10 minutes beforehand. This makes it easier to scoop out.
[/xtab_item][xtab_item title=”Stuff You’ll Need”]
- chopping board
- food processor
- measuring jug