Beyonce’s new album Lemonade has a few things to note – its a visual album – to you and me I think that means she has 14 songs and 17 videos and it includes a recipe for you guessed it – Lemonade!!
This will be the only recipe ever featured on Foodoppi not to be our own I swear but we could not resist sharing it with you!
It is found on the last section of the album and Queen Bey says its an old family recipe given to her by her late grandmother Agnes Dereon.
So here it is (exactly from the album):
“Take one pint of water, add half pound of sugar.
The juice of eight lemons, the zest of half lemon
Pour the water from one jug, then to the other several times
Strain through a clean napkin”
Foodoppi Top Tips
- 1 pint water is 500mls ( 473mls to be exact but 500mls will be fine)
- 1/2 pound (lb) sugar is 250mls
- the zest is the skin – you can grate this with the small side of the grater
- Strain from one jug or bowl to another
- To make it easy to strain put the clean napkin in a sieve to keep it steady
- Add ice cubes to chill it quickly