With Bloom 2018 in full swing this June Bank holiday Weekend here is our delicious recipe we are demonstrating to the 100’s of school children, teachers and excited public today. Come along to the Bord Bia 7 – a – day Rainbow Polytunnel to join in our fun and exciting demos where we should families creative and delicious ways to include more great fruit and veg in your diet. This year at Bloom are creating our delicious BBQ baked beans and hummus and some amazing molecular gastronomy dishes.
OOhhh and we have lots of delicious strawberries to taste too !
What You'll Need
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 red pepper
1 x 400g tinned haricot beans
1 x 400g tin tomatoes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp Worchester sauce
½ tsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper
2 large baking potatoes
60g cheddar cheese
How to Do It
Yummy Beans Time
- 1Preheat the oven. Pop the Baked Potato in to cook for 45minutes.
- 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Saute the onion,celery, peppers for 5 mins.
Grate in the carrot and courgette and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 3Add in the beans and the tomatoes. Grate in the apple.
- 4Add in all the seasonings together. Stir and simmer for 20minutes.
- 5Open the baked potato, spoon on the cowboy beans. Pop a dollop of sour cream on top and sprinkle with parmesan and cheddar cheese.