What You'll Need
2 chicken fillets
1 lime – rind and juice
2 teaspoons ginger – use the ginger that comes in a squeeze tube to save time
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Parchment Paper / tinfoil
How to Do It
Chicken Lickin' Time
- 1Cut the chicken into small bite sized pieces. Keep them all about the same size.
- 2Put them into a freezer bag, then add in the lime’s rind and juice, ginger and soy sauce.
- 3Seal the freezer bag and leave to marinade in the fridge for an hour.
- 4Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the chicken pieces on top.
- 5Cook the chicken in a preheated oven at 180oC for 15 - 20 minutes.
- 6When cool enough to handle pop onto a skewer with chunks of pineapple & cherry tomatoes.
- 7Great to eat warm for dinner or cold in the lunch box. Lovely to serve wit a guacamole (avocado dip) or sweet chilli mayo.
- Use a kitchen scissors or knife to chop the chicken. Keep the pieces even in size so they all cook through a the same time.
- Mind your knuckles on the grater – a handheld grater called a microplane is great for this.
- If you don’t have a juicer – just prod the inside flesh of lime with a fork and twist – all the juice just runs out.
- There is no need to add any extra seasoning to this recipe – the soy sauce has some salt so this adds plenty of flavour making sure this is a really healthy dish.
- Lining the oven tray with tin foil or parchment paper is great – is stops the chicken sticking and makes clean up much quicker.
- Check the chicken is cooked the whole way through by cutting a piece open. It should be white and not pink or opaque in the middle.