[recipeinfo]Prep time – 5mins | Cook time – 5mins | Feeds – 2 kids[/recipeinfo]
[xtab box_title=”This is how we make it…” text_color=”” bg_color=”#fff”][xtab_item title=”Shopping List”]
Shop bought pancakes or homemade
Homemade Pancake Recipe
1 small egg
125g self raising flour
40g castor sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp oil
1 tsp butter
4 thin slices banana
1/2 1 red apple
2 mandarin segment
cream – spray or piped
2 large white marshmallows
[/xtab_item][xtab_item title=”Let’s Cook!”]
- Combine the wet ingredients together – crack the egg into the jug with the milk, add in the vanilla.
- Sieve the flour into the bowl, stir in the sugar.
- Whisk together until it forms a batter.
- Heat the oil & butter on the pan and spoon on some mixture.
- Over a medium heat cook gently. When lots of bubbles appear on the surface it is ready to flip. Cook the other side for 2/3 minutes then serve on a plate.
To Food Art
- Cut 4 thin slices of banana
- Cut 2 segment of mandarin into 3 pieces.
- Cut 2 thin wedge slices from the apple quarter and cut the remaining half. then cut each piece across into 2/3 rd and 1/3 rd.
- Place the bananas on for the eyes – sit the blueberries on top.
- Place the top piece of mandrin in for the nose and the pieces of apple as the scarf.
- Then put the 2 thin wedges on either side of the pancake as the wings and the other 2 pieces of mandarin as the feet.
- Pipe the cream along just over the eyes to act as the top of the hat and all the raspberries in a triangle.
- Sit the marshmallow to the left as the bobble on his hat.
[/xtab_item][xtab_item title=”Stuff You’ll Need”]
- weighing scales
- mixing bowl
- frying pan
- chopping board