A modern take on a retro classic
1 tin tomato – Mutti 100% real tomatoes
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
1 heaped tsp tomato puree
1 tsp brown sugar
1 kallo organic veg stock cube
100g reduced fat mascarpone cheese
1/4 tsp baking soda
Optional : chunks of bread
- Heat up the saucepan and warm through the tin of tomatoes, tomato puree and seasoning.
- Fill the empty tin with boiling water and the stock cube. Add this in and simmer for 10mins to allow the flavours to develop.
- Remove from the heat, stir though the sugar, baking soda and mascarpone / milk.
- Blitz until totally smooth.
- Serve with warm smoked cheddar, jalapeno & chorizo scones.