Tomato Soup is a classic favourite and this one is incredibly simple and family friendly.
At Foodoppi HQ we like to create quick and easy recipes with layers of beautiful flavours what children and adults love.
I devised the recipe a number of years ago when writing recipes for my cookery school. It has since been tried and tested on hundreds on children and most will attest to its deliciousness.
This is a super recipe as it is based on store cupboard ingredients and there is little or no prep. It also has that delicious savoury umami-ness that makes requests for a second cup the norm.
With fun and deliciousness,
What You'll Need
1 500g passata /tin tomato – Mutti 100% real tomatoes
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
1 heaped tsp tomato puree
1 tsp brown sugar
1 kallo organic veg stock cube
100g reduced fat mascarpone cheese
Or 200ml milk
1/4 tsp baking soda
Optional : chunks of bread
How to Do It
- 1Heat up the saucepan and warm through the tin of tomatoes, tomato puree and seasoning.
- 2Fill the empty tin with boiling water and the stock cube.
- 3Add this in and simmer for 10mins to allow the flavours to develop.
- 4Remove from the heat, stir though the sugar, baking soda and mascarpone / milk. Blitz until totally smooth.
- 5Serve with warm smoked cheddar, jalapeno & chorizo scones.