What You'll Need
- 1 boiled egg
- Two black olives
- ½ small carrot
- Lettuce leaves
- Two cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices of cucumber
- 1 cheese slice
- Chopping board
- Knife Plate/ lunch box
- Vegetable peeler
- Cocktail stick/tooth pick
- Small flower cookie cutter
How to Do It
- 1Mouse body: Take off all the shell by carefully peeling it off. Cut a small slice off the bottom of the egg. This will stop it from wobbling all over the plate.
- 2Mouse ears : Cut one black olive in half to make the ears. Stick the tip of the knife into the top of the egg either side. This will help the ears stay in place. Then put each olive half in.
- 3Mouse eyes & nose: Cut the other olive in half. Use the top of a straw or a piping nozzle to make the eyes and nose. Then press them into the egg.
- 4Mouse tail: Cut a thin slice of olive to form the tail. Use the tip of a knife or a cocktail stick/tooth pick to make a small opening at the end of the egg and put the olive tail in.
- 5Mouse whiskers: Peel the carrot. Cut a very thin piece off. Then cut that into 6 long thin sticks. Make three small holes each side of the mouse’s nose, using a cocktail stick/tooth pick. Now put the small carrot sticks into each whole.
- 6Cherry Tomato Flower: Take a knife and cut around the middle of the tomato in a zig zag making a V shape.
- 7Mouse cheese: Cut the slice of cheese in half to make a triangle shape. Next get a straw to cut out holes.
- 8Cucumber flowers: Using a small flower cookie cutter. Place it over the cucumber slice and carefully cut out the flower shapes.
- 9Mouse salad: Put the slice of cheese on a plate, sit the egg mouse on top. Wash the lettuce leafs and arrange behind the mousse. Decorate with the cucumber flowers.