You know me by now, its Friday Night Pizza in our house !! Always homemade – never out of a box or a takeaway.
But remember I do use some shortcuts :
- Roll out pizza dough – ALDI or Jus Rol
- Never make sauce – use any of these in any combo – tomato puree, passata, tomato soup
- Then sprinkle with oregano, mixed herbs, onion powder, garlic powder and a pinch of sugar if using puree only.
- Bake the dough on its own for a few minutes until it turns a little golden. Do not over cook.
- Never overload with topping – biggest mistake – stays soggy in the middle.
- Use a combo of mozzerella – fresh ball and grated.
For this Halloween one I mixed it up a little – I used these mozzarella slices and some grated cheddar & mozzarella mix.
No fresh mozzarella this time – I gave in for style over substance this once.
Also here is a link to some ghost cutters and they are reduced at the moment ( #notanad – just in case )
The black olives are a bold move I know and will possibly get picked off but thats ok. Use this as an opportunity to get your kids to try and test a new food . This is one of our key philosophies at Foodoppi. It is ok not to like all and every food and particularly something as strong as olives on the first go.
But remember to tell them “Science says it takes at least ten tastes of a new food before we know if we like it or not for sure ” !!
With fun and deliciousness,
What You'll Need
1 packet ready to roll pizza dough
Sauce: 6 tbsp passata / 3 tbsp puree & 2 tbsp olive oil
Herbs & Seasoning : pinch of oregano, mixed herbs, onion and garlic powder, brown sugar
Toppings : mozzarella cheese and cheddar
Pitted black olives
ghost cutter / knife and freestyle
chopping board and knife
How to Do It
- 1Preheat the oven to 200oC. Roll or stretch out the pizza dough. Drizzle a little oliven oil or sprinkle a little flour on the pizza tray. Pop on the dough and bake for 5 mins
- 2Using the ghost cutter, cut out the cheesy ghost shapes.
Drain and dry the olives. Cut the olive in half lengthways for the body and then cut the remaining half into the little leg shapes.
- 3Using oven gloves take the pizza base out of the oven and spread over your chosen sauce.
Sprinkle with a mix of the greater cheddar and mozzarella.
Carefully place on the ghost shapes and add on 3 little black olives dots of the eyes and nose.
I normally try and do 6 ghosts. this helps with portion control.
Add on the spiders.
- 4Bake for 15mins until melty and delicious and golden.
Serve with Halloween Pepper Pumpkin Heads.