What You'll Need
100g sweet potato – one large
4 large eggs
100g cheddar cheese
80g wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon onion powder & garlic powder
Mini Muffin Tin
Measuring cup / jug
How to Do It
- 1Preheat the oven to 170oC . Spray the oil all over a non stick mini muffin tin.
- 2Peel and grate the sweet potato and grate the cheddar cheese.
- 3In a large bowl break the eggs. Then whisk together with the milk.
- 4Stir in the grated sweet potato, cheese, sweetcorn, breadcrumbs and onion & garlic powder.
- 5Pour the muffin mixture into the tins carefully. Don't overfill. Bake for 20mins.
- 6Eat hot or cold. Serve with ribbons of carrot and cucumber & a nice dip - sweet chilli mayo or regular mayonnaise goes really well with them. (Top Tip: Use a vegetable peeler to create the ribbons. )
- One of the best tricks to remember when making frittatas is to do it as quickly as possible (with the kids running around – like you have any choice huh?!)
- If you have go chopping and peeling and steaming and cooking before you ever start lets face they will just never get done -so use this recipe as your base and then feel free to add whatever the kids love – ham, turkey, peas, peppers, cherry tomatoes, more cheese…..
- If you are adding in ‘wet’ ingredients like courgette or mushrooms these will need to be cooked and drained in advance.
- Don’t mess too much with the milk : egg ratio – the milk (try to use full fat – it adds a lovely creaminess). If you have too much milk and not enough egg it won’t set ( the science behind this is the egg has the protein which coagulates when heated and this is what sets the frittata )
- Also, and the last top tip we can offer is if you don’t have a non stick muffin tin – don’t bother. They will stick, all your hard work will be ruined and you will be really disappointed.