This is amazingly trendy, nutritious & simple !!!! There is so much flavour and umami in this quick and easy soup recipe. It is perfect for a take to work lunch or a simple quick dinner.
Feel feel to customise this recipe with whatever noodles you would like, swap out the noodles for chicken or even tofu and pop in any veggies you have !
The only essential is the miso paste and the seasoning from the soy sauce and fish sauce.
With Fun & Deliciousness,
What You'll Need
2 nests noodles ( rice/udon )
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 red and 1/2 yellow pepper
3 cloves garlic
1/2 red chilli
100g edamame beans
Optional : 5/6 mushrooms ( chestnut/Chinese style )
50g ( 2 big tbsp ) white miso paste
750mls water / stock
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
How to Do It
Miso Soup Time
- 1Prepare the vegetables - peel and dice the garlic & ginger, deseed and dice the chill, peel and thinly slice the carrot, ( slice the mushrooms).
- 2Heat the oil in a large saucepan and quickly fry the peppers, chilli, ginger, garlic and carrot ( & mushrooms) . Stir all the time, add a splash of water and cook for 2/3 mins.
- 3Add in the miso paste and the stock and bring to a boil.
- 4Pop in the noodles and allow to cook for 5mins.
- 5Add in the soy and fish sauce. Stir through with the prawns & edamame beans. Warm though.
- 6Serve topped with fresh coriander or mint.