What You'll Need
400-600mls water + 5g salt / stock
Oven tray lined with parchment paper or foil
How to Do It
- 1To cook the polenta, put the water & salt / stock on to boil.
- 2Pour in the polenta and stir, stir, stir over a gentle heat until it looks soft, creamy, bubbly & thick. This takes about 5 - 8 minutes when using quick cook polenta or it can be up to 40minutes depending on the variety.
- 3Stir in the parmesan an butter.
- 4Pour the polenta in a lined/greased baking dish, spreading the polenta evenly. Leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- 5Cut the polenta into shapes - traditional fries or heart shapes work great. Put the fries on a baking sheet, spritz with some olive oil or spray oil .
Bake at 200oC for 20 mins until golden and crunchy.