Another week of sunshine. Yes please . Staying hydrated with all this sunny weather can be little bit of a challenge. There is the monotony of water combined with the real efforts not to go over board on the fruit juices and squash !!!
This homemade flavoured water is a another super simple recipe that kids love.
Orange and raspberry are the most perfect flavour combination together. Pomegranate works really well too.
Some top tips:
- Infuse for 1-2 hours at room temperature or in the fridge for 3-4 hours to achieve potent flavor and water colour.
- If you infuse for 4 or more hours, though, be sure to remove the fruits from the water, then store the infused water in the fridge for up to 1-2 days. Removing the infused fruits from the water will prevent the fruit from decomposing in the water and potentially creating undesirable flavours.
- Generally, citrus fruits such as lemons will last longer in your infused water than fleshy fruits such as berries.
- Don’t be tempted to use frozen fruits – they do not release as much juice and often fall apart into tiny pieces in your water.
- Pop in an extra raspberry at the end for garnish.
- You can eat the infused fruit you remove, but you’ll find that it is not nearly as flavorful or colorful as fresh fruit. This is because infused fruits’ juices leak into the water, which is what makes your infused waters taste so good.
With fun & deliciousness,
What You'll Need
1 litre water
1 orange slices
How to Do It
- 1Slice the orange.
Combine all the ingredients in a large jug.
Infuse for 2 hours.
Remove the fruit, over the water and keep chilled.
Serve over ice and add a fresh slice of orange and raspberry to serve