What You'll Need
24 ritz crackers
200g peanut butter
100g Nestle tin caramel
24 googly eyes
12 red m&m’s ore red fondant
How to Do It
Let's Get Baking
- 1Put a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray.
- 2Melt the chocolate.
- 3Spread the peanut butter on the cracker.
- 4Place another cracker on top to make a sandwich. Pop in freezer for a few minutes to chill.
- 5Dip the peanut butter sandwich in the melted chocolate ( use forks for this ) then pop on the parchment paper.
- 6To create Rudolph place 2 googly eyes on first, then a red m&m (or little ball of red fondant) for his nose and a pretzel for his antlers.
Stick these on while the chocolate is hot and melty and then chill and set for about an hour.
- 7Insert a lollipop stick to make them stand up like cake pops and serve or
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks!! ( like they are gonna last that long!! )
How to Melt Chocolate
- Set up a bain marie. To do this put a small amount of water in a saucepan. Sit a bowl on top. Put the chocolate in the bowl – not in the water. It is very important to only have saucepan about 1/4 full. The water should never touch the chocolate of it go stiff and lumpy.
- Otherwise – melt in the microwave. Be careful though. Do at 30 second intervals – melt for 30 seconds, stop the microwave, stir and repeat until just melted. Do not put it back in of the final step – the residual ( left over heat ) will continue to melt the last bit and prevent it burning.
Spreading Peanut Butter
- Always use a flat butter knife.
- Make sure the peanut butter is room temperature.
- Never try to spread the peanut butter while holding the cracker – it will crack!
- Be patient.