There is only one word for these burgers – EPIC !!!
I am fast becoming the Umami Queen I think and this recipe really showcases that.
With layers of natural umami deliciousness coming from real, Irish, simple ingredients this dish is a total winner for young and old.
It is a salmon burger with some sweet potato and dry cured smoked bacon in the mix. They are baked in the oven and served on a wholewheat bun. The other fab thing about these burgers is they can be “dressed up or dressed down” depending on you audience if you know what I mean.
For the grown ups or the more adventurous eater we will serve the burgers with a ranch dressing, some creamy avocado and top it with some sprouting seeds.
For our younger, perhaps slightly picky eater these are miracle as they are a complete nutritious meal in themselves so simply serve them with a little dip of choice on the side.
With fun and deliciousness,
What You'll Need
Makes 5 burger patties
300g (2) salmon darnes
200g sweet potato (1/2 large sweet potato )
2 smoked streaky bacon rashers
1 tsp onion and garlic powder
1 egg, whisked
Super Sprouts seeds ( Good 4 U )
Carrot slaw / pickle
Healthy Ranch Dip
2 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
1 tablespoons low mayonnaise
2 tablespoon cold water/buttermilk
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 teaspoon fresh parsley
¼ teaspoon onion granules
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Microwave, bowl, cling film
Saucepan & lid
Large and small bowls
How to Do It
- 1Peel the sweet potato and cut into rough chunks and steam. To do this in a microwave pop them in a bowl with a splash of water. Cover with cling film, then cook on high for 8 mins ( microwave wattage and times may vary). Allow to cool and then mash.
- 2Dice up the salmon (tiny dice) and bacon ( very tiny dice ).
- 3Pop the salmon and bacon into a large bowl. Add in the whisked egg, onion and garlic powder and the mashed sweet potato. Combine and shape into burgers or patties. ( each one weighing approx 120g ).
- 4Place on a sheet of parchment paper on an oven tray and chill in the fridge for 15mins -30mins or overnight .
- 5Bake the salmon burgers at 180oC for 25mins.
- 6To assemble - warm the bun, spoon on the creamy ranch dressing, add the burger and top with avocado and sprouting seeds.
For the kids - make each pattie into 2 sliders, bake and just serve on a plate with the yummy dip.