These polenta cookies are incredibly simple and prepared in 3 minutes and baked in 12. They bring the most delicious Italian summer vibes into your kitchen and are perfect for baking with the kids during the sunny summer holidays. With only 5 simple ingredients these are a pure and simple treat for all the family to enjoy. The quick cook polenta is essential to give these cookies their distinctively delicious texture.
What You'll Need
75g butter (soft – room temperature )
50g icing sugar
Zest 1 lemon / orange or half both
How to Do It
- 1Preheat the oven to 180oC. Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- 2Using a wooden spoon mash up the butter in the bowl with the orange / lemon zest. This releases the essential oils and allows the flavours to develop.
- 3Sieve in the flour and icing sugar. Pour in the polenta. Stir until combined (approx 30 seconds/1 min )
- 4Spoon onto baking tray and bake for 12 minutes. Do allow plenty of room between cookies as they do spread out.
- 5Dust with a little icing sugar to serve.
To keep them small and high – chill the mixture for 30mins / 1 hour then bake.