Simple food is what life is all about for me.
For all the Moms and Dads out there who are super busy this week figuring schedules, making sure our kids are happy and settled AND doing their day jobs – sometimes we need stuff to be simple and these simple breakfast muffins are just that !
Simple, pure, real, honest ingredients, the most simple method possible and a simple solution to one of the most hectic times of day – morning and getting everyone out the door!!! Simple Breakfast Muffins.
For me, if I am going to go to the bother of creating and baking something I want and need it to taste great. It can never just be ok – it has to taste great first and foremost and then I make sure its healthy. I like to make everything taste like a treat – even the healthy stuff.
All these ingredients come together – they just work !!! Now it has taken me a long time to get it right but now I have figured out for you !!
Give these simple breakfast muffins a go, they hold for 2/3 days in an airtight container and freeze brilliantly.
Top Tip: Pop them in the oven for 15seconds on day 2 and 3 and they taste brand new !!
With fun & deliciousness,
What You'll Need
100g self raising flour
100g wholemeal flour
75g brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
100mls orange juice
100mls greek yogurt
Fruit ( berries, cherries, apples, dried fruit ) or Vegetables ( grated carrots, grated courgette) & Nuts
How to Do It
- 1Preheat the oven to 200ºC . Line the muffin tin with papers or spritz with a little oil.
- 2Pop all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- 3Measure the oil and orange juice in a jug. Spoon in the yogurt. Crack in the eggs and pour in the vanilla. Whisk.
- 4Make a well in the centre and whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- 5Pour the mixture into the muffins tins. Sprinkle with a little pinch of brown sugar on top.
- 6Bake in the oven at 200ºC for 5 minutes then turn the oven down to 180ºC for 15mins.
- 7Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes and enjoy warm.