Smoothie Bowls are, lets face it , a thing of beauty BUT unless you have endless hours and the creativity of a top Instagrammer they can be pretty hard to re-create every day.
Here is one of beautiful looking smoothie bowl but just use it as a little bit of inspiration.
Essentially a smoothie bowl is exactly that : a smoothie in a bowl !
So stick to your normal recipe and pop it in a bowl, get the kids to eat it with a spoon and sprinkle it with some cute colours and yummy textures.
Some Top Tips
- Add at least one veggie or green – spinach is great or celery or maybe even some carrot. Nice ones kids like.
- Add some seeds for fibre and omega 3’s
- Use whatever milk and yogurt you like – soy, goat, lactose free, almond etc
- Choose toppings that add colour and texture. Granola, crunched up cereal, bee pollen, seeds and nuts are all great for a crunch. Popping some of the fruit in the smoothie on top is a lovely way of adding more colour.
What You'll Need
1 cup milk ( any variety )
1 cup greek yogurt
1 cup frozen / fresh berries
1/2 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup spinach
1 tbsp seeds
1 tsp vanilla
Handful granola or bee pollen
Handful of frozen berries
2/3 pieces mango cut into flowers
Smoothie maker / hand blender
bowl & spoon
How to Do It
- 1Blitz everything in the smoothie maker.
- 2Prepare the toppings :
Cut out the mango with a flower cutter
Peel and slice the kiwi
Decorate with some granola around the edges