These S’mores bars have been a summer favourite of mine for years now. I first showcased them to the world at the Electric Picnic Theatre of Food a number of years ago and they went down a storm.
S’mores are an American Campfire classic and this is a really modern and portable take on them.
These are super indulgent so when using a 9 x 9 inch tin but sure to cut them into at least 24 squares and you know our philosophy here at Foodoppi – Create, Make and Share !!!!
With fun and Deliciousness,
What You'll Need
220g self raising flour
70g brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 Egg ( cracked and whisked )
200g cadburys chocolate
200g nutella chocolate spread
75g ( approx ) giant marshmallows
Tin size – 9 x 9 inch tin ( 23cm x 23cm x 5cm )
How to Do It
S'more, S'more please.......
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 ºC. Weigh and measure ingredients. Line a tin with parchment paper .
- 2Pop the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl.
- 3Cut the butter into small cubes. Rub in using your fingers ( Alternatively you can do this in a food processor and pulse ) until it forms fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- 4Using a spoon stir in the egg. It will form soft clumps of dough and some finer powdery pieces
- 5Take half the mixture and press it into the base of the tin. Pack in firmly and tightly.
- 6To make the filling: Spoon the Nutella on top of the base.
Pop on the squares of chocolate. Cut the marshmallows in half and place on top.
Sprinkle over the remaining half of the topping and scatter the oats on top.
- 7Bake for 40 mins.
Allow to cool for 1-2 hours before cutting.
Store in an airtight container for 2/3 days.