Our Louise Lennox was chatting on RTE Radio 1 today with the Ray D’Arcy all about Picnic Food.
One of our super simple and creative recipes she shared were these snake sausage rolls.
Perfect for your picnic basket.
What You'll Need
I packet sheet puff pastry
Raisins / Black Olives / Dried Blueberry
Knife / pizza wheel
How to Do It
- 1Preheat the oven to 200oC ( 180oC fan / Gas Mark 6 )
Crack and whisk the egg.
- 2Cut the pastry into 12 equal strips. Cut one end into a v shape. This will be the head.
Brush the sausages with egg wash.
- 3Start at the end and wrap the pastry around the sausage in a spiral direction.
- 4Brush with the egg wash to glaze.
Cut a long thin strip of red pepper into a tongue shape as per the picture.
- 5At the V shape end pop in the 2 raisins for the eyes and fit in the piece of red pepper as the tongue. Press down to get it to sty in position.
- 6Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown.
Cool on a wire tray fully before packing for the picnic.