These sweet and sticky meatballs are full of flavour and loved by kids and grown ups everywhere. These are so juicy and tender and are a perfect mid week meal. They can be whipped dup in minutes and baked in the oven to be super healthy.
What You'll Need
500g pork mince
4 tbsp teriyaki
2 tbsp honey
2cm grated ginger ( 1/4 tsp dried ginger )
1/2 tsp onion and garlic powder
5 tbsp Hoi Sin Sauce
Glass or Stainless Steel Bowl
Cocktail Sticks / Skewers
How to Do It
Let's Get Rollin'
- 1Preheat the oven to 180oC / Gas 6. Line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- 2To make the marinade - pour the teriyaki sauce and honey into a bowl.
Peel and grate the ginger. Add that in.
- 3Peel and grate the apple. Squeeze out any excess water and only use the remaining apple.
- 4Pop the mince in the bowl. Using your hands mix it a together until the sauce disappears.
- 5Using cold wet hands, roll into balls , place on the oven tray and bake for 20mins.
- 6When the meatballs are cooked, roll or glaze them in Hoi Sin sauce.
- 7Cut the pineapple into cute shapes and when the meatballs are cooked place a meatball and a piece of pineapple on the skewer.
This recipe is inspired by one Foodoppi created for an online children’s cookery course ‘Cook & Play’ for Uncle Ben’s Ben’s Beginners.
This is a fantastic, free online course for children and families to get them cooking together in the kitchen again.
Simply register, log in and then proceed through all the great step-by-step videos, recipes and cool hacks.
As you go, collect your stars, complete your rewards chart and even get to do some fun educational activities along the way.
How great does that sound – follow the link here to register now : https://www.bensbeginners.ie