Each month Aisling & Louise from Foodoppi create delicious, inspirational & easy recipes perfect to “power up” our amazing teachers for their busy day.
We collaborate with the INTO ( Irish National Teachers Organisation) to bring you hard-working teachers recipes each month that are perfect for the teachers lunchbox.
What You'll Need
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 red onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 50g feta cheese
- 50g quinoa
Saucepan & lid
How to Do It
- 1Preheat the oven to 180oC/ Gas 5. Peel the sweet potato & cut into cubes.
Peel and dice the onion into large chunks.
Peel and crush the garlic, add into the bowl with the oil and seasoning.
Toss everything together.
- 2Cook the quinoa in boiling hot water (or stock) by following the instructions on the packet. Once cooked rinse under cold water. (this cools it quickly for the salad)
- 3When the sweet potato & onion is cooked, remove from the oven.
Allow to cool a little.
Crumble over the feta cheese and toss everything together.
Enjoy warm like this or pop it in an air tight container for lunch.
Serve our some dressed salad leaves.
Personalise your salad
- Chopping sweet potato too much hassle – just use the pre-chopped butternut squash or sweet potato from the supermarket.
- Add a punch of protein – grilled chicken or fish
- Stretch it out – chop courgettes and peppers to roast together
- Dress it up – sprinkle with dried cranberries
- More texture – Throw in a handful of roasted hazelnuts
- Need your five a day – add in baby spinach leaves, blanched green beans and broccoli florets.