Pancake Tuesday is just around the corner. Check out this super healthy recipe video for pancakes that are quick and simple! And guess what – they are teddy bears – too cute!
What You'll Need
- 100g Self-Raising flour
- 85g wholemeal flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 60g Butter – melted
- 250ml Whole Milk
- 2 Bananas
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 12 sultanas
How to Do It
Simple Healthy Pancakes
- 1Put the self raising flour, wholemeal flour, baking powder and caster sugar into a large bowl and Crack in the eggs, milk and butter.
- 2Peel and mash 1 banana, add it to the mixture and whisk everything together.
Cover the bowl with cling-film and allow to rest for 20 minutes
- 3Heat a frying pan and brush lightly with some melted butter
When the pan is hot, pour 1 tablespoon of batter in the middle, then 1 teaspoon either side.
Cook over a medium heat for 1 minute until underneath the pancake starts to bubble and underneath is golden brown.
Food Styling Teddy Bears
- 1Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter over the pancake and sandwich together with another pancake. Slice the remaining banana, place it on top of the pancake for the bears nose and sultanas either side for the bears eyes!
Cooking Top Tips
- Don’t over mix the pancake batter. If you do this will make the pancakes very tough as mixing for longer develops the gluten in the flour.
- The pan needs to be hot and lightly greased. Avoid using too much butter or oil when cooking pancakes as it saturates them making them greasy. The idea is to simply have enough butter to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- Remember, you will need to re-grease and re-heat the pan between each pancake.
- When to flip a pancake – When it starts to bubble on the surface and lift away from the underside it is ready to flip. Cook for about 1 min on the first side, then 30 seconds on the other side.
- Cook off one pancake first to check the heat in the pan. If your pancake is very brown on the outside and raw on the inside, turn down the heat.