This recipe is the easiest and tastiest salmon recipe you will ever need !!!
It is light and zesty and fresh and tangy and well – just DELICIOUS !
It is full of natural fresh flavour and umami.
Perfect for these blissfully sunny summer evenings.
With fun & deliciousness,
What You'll Need
Ingredients for Glazed Salmon
4 salmon fillets
100mls orange juice
6 tbsp soy sauce or teriyaki
1 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp marmalade
½ chic stock cube, crumbled
¼ tsp Chinese 5 spice
¼ tsp chilli powder or togarashi
I large avocado
1 tsp orange zest
2 small oranges
1 tsp lime zest
2 tbsp lime juice
Optional : fresh herbs – coriander or parsley
150g rice ( wholemeal or half and half )
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 carrot shredded
Handful of edamame beans
How to Do It
- 1Prepare the marinade and glaze for the salmon by combining all the ingredients. Remove the skin from the salmon and cut into cubes.
- 2Place the salmon on foil on an oven tray and pour over all the marinade. If time allows cover with cling film and allow to marinade for a few hours.
- 3To cook the rice, place the rice and water in a medium saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook according to the instructions until soft. While the rice is cooking , combine all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside. Grate the carrot, steam the edamame beans.
- 4Drain off the water and allow to cool.
- 5Toss the rice in the dressing. Add in the carrot and edamame beans and sprinkle over sesame seeds.
- 6To make the salsa - cut the avocado in half, pop out the stone and dice. Peel the orange and segment. Cut into pieces. Zest the orange and lime. Pop the avocado in the bowl with the orange and the zest, pour over the orange and lime juice. Add a little seasoning. Allow to sit and garnish with coriander or parsley. (if the kids will eat it - if not they love the salsa without it).
- 7Serve family style - allow each person to serve up their own portion. This gives the children more control over what they do and eat and encourages them to try new foods.