What You'll Need
- 400g minced turkey
- ½ courgette
- ½ apple
- 1 tsp onion powder, garlic powder, peri peri seasoning ( optional), dried parsley & chives
- 1 egg
- ½ head cauliflower – 6/8 cauliflower florets ( either leftover or steamed/boiled)
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp Franks hot sauce/sriracha
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
( this will make lots of sauce – any leftover just store in an airtight jar in the fridge)
- Baby Gem Lettuce
- Red Onion
- Piccolo Cherry Tomatoes
- Mange Tout
- Oven Tray
- Greaseproof paper
- Lollipop sticks
- Chopping Board
- Small and big bowl
- Warm water to wash hands
- Wooden board
- Small flower pot or tall glass
- Plastic Lollipop Sticks (cake section in shops like Home Store & More, Stock or Deco Bake – try your supermaket too)
- Old jam jar or mason jar
- Cocktail stick & flag
- Our Foodoppi comic book printable – download the our cool foodoppi printable for free right here……
How to Do It
Make the Meatballs
- 1Preheat the oven to 200oC or Gas mark 6.
Spritz the oven tray with spray oil or to save on wash up pop a sheet of greaseproof paper down on the tray.
- 2Put the mince in a bowl, crack in the egg, grate in the apple and courgette.
Measure in all the seasonings and herbs.
Stir it all around.
- 3Using cold wet hands pick up some mixture. Place on the tray. Keep going until you make 12 lollipops. Spritz with a little oil.
Pop in the oven and bake for 20 mins
Making the Sauce
- 1To make the sauce, over a low heat melt the butter and hot sauce at the same time in a small saucepan. Allow to warm gently until heated through. Stir in the maple syrup. Set aside.
Dip the turkey lollipops & the cauliflower in the hot sauce, stand up in the glass and serve with the salad.
Cute Salad Time
- 1Wash the lettuce, peel the carrot skin off and then peel into ribbons.
Slice the cherry tomatoes and the mange tout lengthways. Slice the radish into thin rounds.
Serve with some homemade wedges, the turkey lollipops and the salad.
How do you know when they are cooked? The juices from the inside are clear and there is no pink in the middle. Allow them to cool a little then pop on the lollipop sticks.